Focal BAM - All in one, all you need.
The Focal BAM damping mat is everything you need for high-quality damping. And especially if you want to get there easily! By combining different materials into one carpet, a product has been created that combines the best aspects of different carpet types and the ease of installation. No more spreading two or three different mats when you make it with BAM alone!
Equipped with an effective adhesive surface, the flexible three-layer damping mat is at home in all damping areas of the car, such as door dampers and the roof. The carpet structure is moisture resistant and does not absorb moisture, causing rust in car structures.
Why dampen a car with BAM? Damping provides improved driving comfort by reducing natural background noise from structures. This means more pleasant mileage.
BAM also improves speaker playback. No longer do sound waves waste their energy by ringing dampers, but direct their forces at the listener and thus provide a better listening experience. The soft layer on the surface of the carpet also acts as a damping agent inside the door.
Focal BAM is built on the following layers:
- Butyl - The butyl layer with a durable adhesive surface creates a base for the carpet and is very elastic to make the BAM as easy to install as possible. Butyl increases the mass of the surface to be attached (e.g. sheet metal or door cardboard), thus reducing harmful vibrations and vibrations. It also attenuates driving noise.
- Aluminum - Finishes the BAM layer structure between butyl and soft layers. A thin layer of aluminum strengthens and improves the properties of butyl while acting as a bonding material.
- Soft Cell - On top is a layer of hexagonal shaped soft mat that reduces the sound waves coming from behind the speaker and thus improves the performance of the speakers.
- 3-layer damping mat with adhesive surface
- Plate size 2pcs 21x30cm (glued to the door panel behind the speakers)
- Specific weight: 3.3kg / m²
NOTE! Focal BAM mat is available in three different pack sizes.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.